Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for January 12, 2021 The Bart of the Deal

 People are always asking me, "How did you get so funny?"  Well, sometimes they replace the word "funny" with "full of..." but I get their meaning.  So here is the real deal...the actual key to my witty sense of humor.  I watch the Simpsons.  Every episode.  Over and over again.  They are my muses. 

So today I thought I would share some of the best quotes from this amazing television show, which is now in its 31st season.  

“You have joined the Sacred Order of the Stonecutters, who, since ancient times, have split the rocks of ignorance that obscure the light of knowledge and truth. Now let's all get drunk and play ping-pong!”


Marge : Have you noticed something about Bart?

Homer : New glasses?

Marge : No. It seems like something could be troubling him.

Homer : Probably misses his old glasses.

Marge : I want to get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him.

Homer : Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.

Marge : That's not what I meant.

Homer : Admit it Marge, it was.


And then there is this one...


And for the history buffs:

Lisa: Oedipus killed his father and married his mother.

Homer: Ehhh. Who pays for that wedding?

Bart becomes a man

And now we have Facebook 

Unless you are a teacher...like me!

As you can see, the Simpsons will go on forever.  Their rapid decline over the past couple of years is not due to their obvious left wing turn and lack of quality.  They will go on forever...like a children's musical at any of our well-run elementary schools.


With that said, I bid you farewell.  I think there is a special presentation of season 26 out-takes that I need to study.  See you next week.

Comments


  1. I can appreciate The Simpsons now, but I was driving school bus when the show first came out and I had a Bart Simpson wannabe on board. When I told him to behave one morning he said, “Don’t have a cow, man.”
    Doh!!
    Also, Mr. Hot Cocoa was funny long before The Simpsons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That BS wannabe recently had a child with Julia Robert's niece, I kid you not Mr. Cow. But who would believe actor Garret Hedlund used to ride your bus anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel foolish that I didn't see the resemblance between you and Homer before this disclosure. I'm so inadequate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment