What a rough 24 hours. The date was June 11. I remember it like it was today, mainly because it is today. So yeah, I write my blogs in advance. Please don't think any less of me! Or any more. Just think of me like you always have!
It started out the day before. I was flossing before going to bed. For that I blame my wife. She started me on flossing a couple days after we got married. As I was flossing one of my crowns popped off and shot across the room. I found it, but at the time I was 1000 miles away from my dentist. This meant I was going to have to wait a couple of weeks before I could get it repaired. So I spent the night a little less toothy and a lot more disillusioned.
The next morening I was thinking of going fishing but the weather was calling for rain. I have heard that fish bite better in the rain but I am so sweet...like sugar...and I am afraid that I might melt. So I decided to do my second favorite thing while I am up north...go to the bait and tackle shop in Baudette. A couple of days earlier I had gotten an oil change and alignment at the Chevy dealership. I got almost to Baudette when the truck suddenly lost oil pressure and started smoking.
Even though my truck is ove 16 years old I didn't think it should be smoking. I popped the hood and found oil all over everything. Just off in the distance I could see Baudette. I had almost made it. I pulled out my phone and called the Chevy dealership. They figured something had gone wrong with the filter (which ended up being correct) and they sent a truck and trailer to come get me.
So I sat on the side of the road in my broken down truck and my missing tooth and it dawned on me...I had become a hillbilly! This cheered me up, even though I was unsure of how much this was all gonna cost me. Someimes you just have to laugh it off and thank God that he is still in control.
They picked me up and brough me back to the service center and thankfully it was only a minor repair and engine cleaning. They didn't charge me for it. A faulty oil filter was the culprit.
I have always heard that bad things happen in threes. Or is it trees? That is why I never built a treehouse. That and I am a terrible carpenter. And Iam also a terrible car repairer. That is why I had the service center change the oil in the first place. It all comes back around, and when it rains it pours...usually in groups of threes!
I will confirm you are correct: "When it rains, it pours." Why only yesterday, July 20, a big storm system marched our way from Canada, eh. Dark clouds came in on high winds from the NW, temperatures dropped precipitously; it poured for all of 1.5 minutes; then the sun came out. I had almost got through my text to the wife, "IT'S RAI ..." when it stopped. Thank you for your adept observation. How was fishing?
ReplyDelete