Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, May 28, 2024 Isle Be Seeing You!

SB and I have purchased an island.  Sort of.  For four nights Channel View R100 in Voyageur National Park will be ours.  
Hot Coco Island

Of course my first order of business will be to rename the island, set up a government (thank you Lord of the Flies) and demand to be recognized as an independent country by the United Nations.

Location of our government seat

As soon as that fails to gain traction due to incessant eye rolling from SB, we will go about just camping.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate!  I have heard that camping in monsoon style weather is not all that it is cracked up to be.

Must scan the horizon searching for the wreck of the SS Minnow

I have watched every episode of Curse of Oak Island.  I plan to be prepared once we get to our island getaway.  I will metal detect the entire island and explore every tunnel.  This one will probably be a good tunnel to start exploring.

Possible deposits from the Knight's Templar?

I am sure that after 4 nights on an island with me SB will be ready to deal with sane people again.  Unless the United Nations recognizes my demands.  If they do, this will be my last post for a while.  Wish us luck!

Comments


  1. If things don't work out you can seek refugee status in the Great White North.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely sure that after four nights with you, anywhere, SB will be ready to deal with sane people again. Whomever SB is (a mystery at this point -- all though I could think of one or two possibles, one of them perhaps a character from "Cool Hand Luke," "Sum Bit--") will have second-guessed her/him/they/their decision to have even gotten into the vehicle with you, much less a boat, much too late -- unless ditto has a Permit to Carry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The above comment was submitted tongue-in-cheek.

      Delete

Post a Comment