Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



When a poem is truly memorized

A drone of confidence sees all its lines at once


In ripest old age

As the big sleep draws near

I become a morning person-

Six hours in high gear


To calm my neurotic fears of losing things, key, glasses, etc., I buy lots of backups. 

Now I fear bankruptcy. 


If neither plan A or plan B work, skip C and go straight to plan Desperate. 


They say haste makes waste

But even with spilling the milk

Sliding into the ditch 

And visiting ER

Haste still gets me there first


Now 

Is the sum of the past 

Minus the future


I stood on the shoulders of Renaissance man 

I told him he’s not in compliance. 

He set me back down- went off like a rocket 

I hear now of rockets he’s learning the science


As our bodies are mostly of water-

A river between sorrow and joy there

Trace the source to the top of Mount Joy

Avoiding the whirlpool despair


The future should never be forced

But entered serenely, all craziness shorn 

Don't pass the door with smashed teacups

Dangling from each of your horns


The mania burning our mind

The obsession that's conquered our heart-

Once we have sifted the ashes

Will be less than the sum of its parts


The pilgrims on the journey

Drop chips into the stream

Are they making progress

Or is it just a dream

Comments

  1. Love the new poetic format! But you knew I would. My fav this week:
    When a poem is truly memorized
    A drone of confidence sees all its lines at once"

    I have had a smattering of this feeling with "The One," although my little gray cells are too antique to manage much of it. I can comfort myself by saying, " It is the message and the narrative that bring the poem home, not how many words are remembered. There. I feel relieved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment