Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



About to knock on the door, I hear a cough within.  I can back away for fear of catching some disease, or I can knock and walk in through life's door. 




The person who says he's fine with going to hell when he dies is blowing smoke.



My mattress has a sleep number. My coffee pot, a wake number.



Jacob wrestled all night with an angel of the Lord. He won some falls but left with a limp. So do we wrestle with life, and like Jacob must one day retire from the mat. 



English has Germanic roots

With Latin mashed in willy-nilly

For stolid stuff we use Teutonic

Romantic when we're feeling silly 



I intended to get off the Road to Perdition, but the way was so smooth I fell into a trance and missed the exit. 



If only I knew back then what I know now, those meetings between my parents and my teachers would have been more pleasant for everyone.



When you break down barriers, I'm delighted, unless your rubble falls across my boundaries.



Boulders can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones. 

Same for annoying people. 



The traveler from the future always arrives late.

Comments

  1. Oh my, Sir Squib. You are in fine form this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant for teapoetry and Sir Squib. I think you may be interested to know that today is the 50th anniversary of the Boston teaparty. (sp intentional). Happy anniversary too all the tea drinkers out there, be the beverage be Rose, Earl Grey, or Ginseng.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Teutonic. What about Anglo Saxon? Use it when attending a Vikings game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Anglo Saxon" actually means angle-sack, which the Angles, the Saxons, and the occasional Jute perfected to bring down opposing quarterbacks.

      Delete

Post a Comment