Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, September 19, 2023 Where's My Parade?

The very first edition of the Wannaskan Almanac was introduced on Monday, January 8, 2018.  This was because it took us a week to sober up and realize what we had agreed to after that wild New Year's Eve party.  Now, nearly six years later, it is time for some reflection.  

The first thing that I must put to rest is that the second edition of the Almanac was written by yours truly.  I know that must be confusing because it appears that Jack Pine Savage wrote the article.  The disjointed writing and sarcastic humor should have given it away that I was the true author.  Literary forensic investigators are working around the clock to ensure that my claims are true.  Actually, all of the articles written by unknown are actually known to have been written by Mr. Hot Coco.  The only reason they show up as unknown is unknown to me.  

A savage mistake

The second thing that I need to share with you is that we have not met our goal.  The truth is that we began writing the almanac in order to replace the Writer's Almanac after author and all-around NPR sex symbol Garrison Keillor was ousted from his position after one of his groupies complained of groping.  Our goal was to become like Keillor, but I have not been groped or surrounded by groupies.  I consider this a big failure.  

Only you, the reader, can correct this injustice.  Share the Almanac with your friends.  Subscribe for your enemies.  Don't ever forget our motto, immortalized by one of our first writers, Davy Crockett...Remember the Almanac.  

P.S.  None of the above really bothers me!  :)

Comments

  1. You mean you didn't get your official WANNASKAN ALMANAC t-shirt? That's what you don't get if you sign up as unknown. Now we know why we had one extra ... but it paid off for Laurel, eh JP?
    Tough luck, whomever you are!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment