Skip to main content

Another Story of Antonin: A Trip to Visit My Sister

Hello and welcome to a last-Saturday-of-September Saturday here at the Wannaskan Almanac. Today is September 30th.

Hi, everybody! I know you guys have been wondering where I am. But, don't worry, I'm still here. Last week, I visited my oldest sister in Massachusetts.

Saturday - In the morning when we woke up, we went to the Boulevard Diner for breakfast. It was an ordinary day in Worcester, Massachusetts for people who live there. But, not for me, my mom, and my sisters. It was unordinary for us because we were going to do something fun! I hadn't been to "Worcsty" before. The Boulevard Diner was a train car. On the inside, it looked like a mini cafe. It was long and narrow with one counter and one row of 4 or 5 booths. I ordered The Bully Special. It had sausages, pancakes, toast, eggs, ham, bacon, and home fries. We ordered 2 specials and had leftovers for the next morning.

[Mom note: "The Boulevard Diner is a historic diner at 155 Shrewsbury Street in Worcester, Massachusetts. It was built by Worcester Lunch Car Company - a manufacturer of diners based in Worcester, Massachusetts, from 1906 to 1957 - in 1936 as #730. It is a well-preserved instance of a barrel-roof diner that the company made in significant numbers in the years before the Second World War, and the city's best-preserved 1930s diner. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000." (Wikipedia)]


Then we went to the
Worcester Art Museum. It was really good. The art was really good. There was this really cool sculpture that looked like a black engineer-y thing. It was about up to the ceiling and about 3 feet wide. It was made of wood and I learned that a girl made it and she had it for her ceiling and her walls. 

My favorite thing we did Saturday was play Mario Kart on the Switch. I played with a lot of my sister's friends. It was my favorite thing because I got to hang out with them (they're all college students) and it was really fun. It was fun when I beat them.

[Mom note: We don't have a Switch at home and I marveled at how quickly the 3rd & 6th graders learned how to use the controllers and play the game. The college students were energetic and enthusiastic and they warmed my heart with their generosity and affection towards the younger ones.]



Sunday - Purgatory Chasm was where we went on Sunday morning. It was very fun indeed. I got to jump on rocks. I got to jump over waterfalls. And I also found this stick that helped me a lot do more fun things without falling. My favorite about Purgatory Chasm was that I got to play with my sister's friend, Keith. We did sword fights and chased each other.



Then we went to Providence, Rhode Island to go to a barcade. A barcade is a mixture of a bar and an arcade. I was able to go because it was family day. What I liked about the barcade was that there were SO many original games like the very first version of Super Mario and I got to play that game! We played Mario Kart there, Donkey Kong, and Fix It. I played a lot of fun games. 

[Mom note: After the barcade, I wanted to show kids the Atlantic Ocean - or at least the spirit of the salt water - so we walked along the East Bay bike path along the Providence River and out to the Spooky Bottom Scenic Dock. The day was damp, gray, and misty making it a little "spooky" but mostly fun.]



When we got back to Worcester we watched the new movie Elemental. It's a really good movie. It's about this fire girl named Ember and this water boy named Wade. Ember's dad, his shop was going to close. He's really sad about it and Ember and Wade are trying to have it so that the shop can stay open.

The whole trip was really fun. It was nice being in Worcester and being with my sister and her friends. And it was really nice telling you guys about our trip.

Goodbye, and I'll hopefully see you next week!



Comments

  1. Love the story Antonin, it was like I was there along with you on this adventure. Keep up with the adventures and writing. Say hi to Lucie, David and your parents. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment