Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, December 28, 2021 Happy Old Year!

Happy Old Year!  Obligatory noise maker swings around and a horn echoes through the house.  Yup, I am celebrating this old year with some great big resolutions.  New Year's resolutions are a thing of the future.  I am dwelling on the past!

I am the ghost of years past

As I look back at this old year I have come to the conclusion that I did a lot of things right.  I also did a lot of things wrong.  I left things undone that I should have finished.  I finished a lot of desserts that I should have skipped.  We all have those little things called regrets.  Regrets are okay as long as you learn from them.  Sometimes people look back and dwell on their biggest regret.  Me, I look at them, learn what I can, and then go on...hopefully a little wiser.  

Your greatest regret might be messing with this great egret

I kind of miss photo albums.  I really liked the days where you would carefully and sparingly take pictures.  Then you would send them off to get developed.  After what seemed like weeks (but was really only like 21 days) the pictures would come back and you could sort through them.  There were the ones with the heads cut off, out of focus gems, and the occasional album worthy photo.  I also remember finding film in a camera from when I was a kid.  Never did get it developed, but probably should have.  Would have made a great picture below this paragraph.  

No caption available either

That wonderful word I am working toward is reminisce.  That is what I am doing more and more of.  I think back to the special times in my life and remember the wonder of it all.  Marrying my beautiful wife.  The birth of my wonderful daughter.  The day I brought home a chihuahua without asking.  Those days and more are all special.  So as we rush toward another new year, take time to reminisce.  Let those little snapshots fill up the album of your life and put a smile on your face.  


Comments

  1. It’s a good time to arrange those memories and get them into proper perspective. Getting a chihuahua was a good thing, eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment