Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for June 22, 2021 My Pet

Hi there Wannaskan Almanac reader.  Do you have a pet peeve?  Pet peeves (as defined by the editors of the Wannaskan Almanac during a drunken bar fight) are things that bother you but really don't seem to bother someone else.  For example, some people don't like chihuahuas.  On the other hand, I really like my chihuahua...most of the time.  A cat is not a pet peeve.  No sane person likes cats.
Cats don't like anyone

My real pet peeve lately is gender reveals.  In case you don't know, a gender reveal is where someone who is barely pregnant makes a big announcement about the gender of their little bundle of joy.  There are people who throw parties where they reveal the gender in unusual ways.  Sometimes mistakes are made, as seen in this video.

So why do gender reveals cause me such anguish?  Let me put it in a rhyming list (one of Steve and Joe's most disturbing pet peeves)
1.  It is like finding out your Christmas presents early...maybe in June,
     So you avoid the surprise later of a tie with a stitched on loon.
2.  When you tell us all early if it is a her or he
     You are telling us the ending to a wonderful mystery
3.   So many are going nuts with this current reveal craze
     Are you sure you really couldn't wait 180 more days?
4.  I guess it is really just up to ya
     But do you have to post everything to social media?



Maybe you like gender reveals, and that is fine with me.  What you do in the confines of your backyard is your business.  I am just not a fan of them.  I don't like pet rocks either.  Especially ones named Peeve.  

Comments

  1. The one thing about reading other WA posts is that I learn so much about the world and really important issues like Mr. Hot Coco takes on here. "Gender what?"

    Without immediately viewing the attached videos, I initially thought that it possibly involved something to do with transgender issues, but learned soon (almost immediately thereafter; scroll down, scroll down) that wasn't the case at all. This involves narcissistic people telling the world or facsimiles thereof what gender their yet-unborn baby/babies are, with great fanfare, etc. OMG.

    I can see a beer toast among some close-knit friends, but (again without watching the videos) watching these displays may well be a big waste of my time. [I was right!] Blame it on Corona virus confinement that people would act so nutty and allow the world to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rhyming lists.
    I have no pet peeves, because everything annoys me.
    Except rhyming lists.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment