Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for February 9, 2021 Warning Label Included

 I don't remember seeing those neat little warnings on television commercials when I was a kid.  I think back then people knew that you shouldn't do stupid stuff...well, most of us knew it.  From what I recall, somebody watched a superhero movie and then jumped off of a building thinking that they could fly...and since then we have been warned to not try the stuff we see on TV at home.

Some commercials I have seen lately have that warning, and they make me ask myself...is someone really going to try these things.  Take this commercial for example:


They warn you not jump through windows, smash your dishes, light fires in your house, and crash through the wall on a scooter.  I thought that was just common sense...but what do I know?  Thankfully thousands and thousands of people will read the little warning seconds before they destroy their own homes.  

I love this next commercial.  The mellow music.  The scenery on the moon.  The space buggy jumping over the crater.  The warning to not attempt jumping over a crater...while on the moon.  Sigh...now I have to change my vacation plans...



I can just see that happening in real life...a couple finally makes it to the moon.  They chat about a commercial that they watched and then decide to try and jump over a large crater.  "I mean," says the husband, "there wasn't a warning on that commercial so we should just go for it."  

Warnings like that seem to be what "protects" industry from lawsuits.  I learned about the legal system from watching this educational video.


So quit watching commercials.  If you miss the warning you might really hurt yourself...and then win the lottery!



Comments

  1. Warning: If your vacation plans include Wannaska, bring your PPA (personal protective antifreeze)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment