Skip to main content

Squibs

 



Our basis for bragging is biologically brief.

After years of having my advice ignored, I made the discovery that people prefer to figure things out for themselves.

We can't delete the parts of the Bible we don't like. But we can chose how we understand them.

Experimental chefs should marry someone who loves everything cooked to a crisp. Then they can observe each dish pass through all the stages on the way to perdition.

Weathermen are not malicious tellers of tales. They are scientists, trying to do their best. But the weather is as unpredictable as humanity itself.

If you try to live life avoiding all knocks, you will die young anyway of ennui praecox. 

It's been a long four years, friends. God bless America.


Chairman Joe McDonnell



Comments

  1. Yes, God bless us every one. The endearing speaker resembles the current state.

    Re: second SQ - something // from Montaigne - (vol.2) -"This long attention that I devote to studying myself trains me also to judge passably of others . . . It often happens that I see and distinguish the characters of my friends more exactly than they do themselves. I have astonished at least one by the pertinence of my description, and have given him information about himself . . . " AND JUST BEFORE THIS - "It is from my experience that I affirm human ignorance, which is, in my opinion, the most certain fact in the school of the world."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment