Skip to main content

Lockdown Squibs




Agriculture is being blamed for the pandemic. Twelve thousand years ago we started living with animals and in towns. Which led to culture and anesthesia and other nice things. 
Any takers for going back?

Writers should welcome the lockdown. Some of the world's greatest literature has been written from prison: Epistles of Paul, Travels of Marco Polo, Pilgrim's Progress, Don Quixote, etc., etc.

I was worried the governor's restrictions on large gatherings would mess up my birthday celebration. Then I decided to throw ten parties with ten people each. Of course it was the same ten people, but what the hey.

Marshmallow head peeps
Our commander-in-cheeps
Says get off your keister
The day after Easter


I'm not afraid of the virus. Rather, I'm afraid of having to act like I'm afraid of the virus.


Now let us pray.

Chairman Joe

Comments

  1. You have a photograph featured on today's Wiktel home page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I knew it! Just as I said in a very recent comment to yesterday's Word Wednesday post where the Chairman proffered a poem that was close to being a news feed. And here, even the squibs are taking on more than a hint of newsiness. Could it be . . .?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment