Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs





I realize happiness is only one side of the coin, sorrow being the other.
But I’m always trying to game the system.

The old are not stupid. But we do get comfy in our deep ruts.
New ways look like shallow tracks leading into the wilderness.

Being a genius is tough enough. Be a genius ahead of your time and you'll be thought mad.

By sharing my anxieties, others can feel braver than me.
It also distracts them from their own anxieties.

 Winter, winter, stay away.
Keep your snow in layaway.

My brain on Spotify is an empty ballroom echoing to the hits of the fifties, sixties, and very early seventies.

Sugar's the culprit, it's killing us all.
It's making our nation as wide as it's tall.
But pull all our sweet teeth? How bad is that?
We'd only be good then for chewing the fat.

Chairman Joe


Comments