The Palmville Globe Volume 2 Number 30
Man Extends Life of Bouquet
Joe McDonnell, 79 and a resident of Palmville Twp, Minnesota, recently transported a vase of flowers to a location where more people could enjoy it. "We had attended the funeral of the mother of a friend," McDonnell tells the press. "Our friend's daughter was sad that the flowers sent by her coworkers would be thrown away. We volunteered to take the vase filled with white roses and lilies to the nursing home near Palmville Twp. Coincidentally we were volunteering at the nursing home (and attached hospital) employee picnic that evening. We placed the vase on the table where we were giving out ice cream bars, and the flowers received many compliments. The volunteers who took over from us promised to take the flowers to the nursing home after their shift." In a later communication, McDonnell says their friend's daughter was happy that the flowers meant for her grandmother went on to cheer up others.
Man Gets Lesson in Hydraulics
Joe McDonnell, 79 and an amateur mechanic, recently removed a blown truck tire for replacement. "It wasn't completely blown," McDonnell tells reporters, "but it was on the verge. Rather than dig out the jack in the truck, I used a small screw type jack that I had salvaged from a previous vehicle that was being junked. The jack had to go under the rear axle and it was difficult to operate so I switched to an old hydraulic jack I have, but that didn't work at all. I remembered it leaked fluid and after finding some hydraulic oil, I couldn't remember exactly how to get the oil in the jack. At this point I dug out the truck's jack which is stored under a panel behind the seats. I was happy to see that it was a hydraulic jack. I had remembered it being a screw type jack. Once in place, the truck was quickly lifted and the tire removed and taken to the shop in town." In a follow-up email McDonnell says the shop would have put the truck on their lift and replaced my tire at no extra charge, but I was worried the tire would blow out completely on the way to town. "It's better to have car problems at home rather than on the road," he added.
Squib Cellar
Telling a person with Alzheimer’s about the wonderful day you’ve spent together is like describing a beautiful scene to a person who is blind.
I can endure a ton of chronic pain but not an ounce of acute.
In the Chinese drawing, three jolly sages laugh uproariously as autumn leaves fall all around them. I think the artist is trying to say….what? What am I trying to say or even to think?
The friendship of a sibling comes with a lifetime guarantee. One must take care not to void the warranty.
Excess body fat is not improved, it’s reduced. Same with the ego
If you don’t suffer fools gladly you’ll end up lonely out there by yourself.
Judge not
Not even yourself
" ... recently removed a blown truck tire for replacement. "It wasn't completely blown," McDonnell tells reporters, "but it was on the verge." Hmmm, seems familiar, but this example suggests he didn't just have them put on an inner tube so to squeeze get as many miles out of it as he would've preferred; only 49,999.09. Once upon a time he would've acted genuinely surprised; had this inconvenient issue come up (or deflated) on the road, that his tires were in such a state before initiating a lengthy road trip, and, not just the one but all four 'almost blown ones' included, "Oh my, I need a new spare too. Wonder if I can buy a used tire at the shop less expensively?"
ReplyDeletePlease re-read your blog from Friday. Rather, to save you time, read this: This imagery symbolizes the Three Teachings—Confucianism, Buddhism, and Daoism—living in harmony.The falling autumn leaves represent the passage of time and natural change, while the joyous laughter shows that wise people accept life's cycles without fear or sorrow.Key MeaningsThe Three Sages: Represents the unity of China's three main belief systems (Confucianism, Buddhism, and Daoism) coming together as one truth.Laughter: Shows inner peace, freedom from worry, and a joyful spirit that goes beyond regular human troubles.Falling Autumn Leaves: Stands for change, growing old, and the natural end of things, proving that time touches everything.Main LessonsHarmony: Different ideas can live together in peace.Acceptance: Wise people do not fight time or change; they smile at it.Joy: True wisdom brings happiness instead of sadness.Would you like to know more about the histories and specific beliefs of Confucianism, Buddhism, and Daoism?
ReplyDeleteThose who know do not speak, except you AI.
Delete