Skip to main content

Squibs

 



As I got rid of my old shoulder-mounted VHS camcorder, I wondered what must-have items of today are headed for the junkyard. Smart phones surely. Possibly democracy. Even, God forbid, myself.

Forever keeping one foot in your comfort zone is like going sailing with one foot on the shore.

It's a very poor reason to marry someone just to see the look on your rival's face.

If you're continually taking that extra minute to "do it right," you'll never have time for goofing off.

Retirees move to a college town not to mingle with the students, but to feed off their youthful exuberance.

Here's a trick to amaze the kids: toss a fresh egg into the air and let it fall on the lawn. The shell will not break, unless, of course, the kids get involved.


Chairman Joe



Comments

  1. Masterful per usual. Especially like the first two, with the beginning Squib my favorite. BTW, thanks for sharing that blueberry pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Toss a fresh egg . . . on the lawn," as I did just now on the morning of October 19th, and the kids will be amazed you wasted a perfectly good egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I forgot to mention that the ground should not be frozen.

      Delete

Post a Comment