Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs




Fame is a kind of love. And the only fame worth having is that among your friends.

Dreams are cheap. In fact they're free. So what's with the tariff?

Jesus told Peter he'd deny him and for nineteen centuries the cock sang of our own denial. But we've put the kibosh on that bird.

If your chips keep on breakin'
Less guac you should be takin'

Enlightened to the extent of my ignorance, I am liberated from the delusion that I know anything.

                                                                       @jmcdonnell123

Comments

  1. The guac squib is classic!

    Here's a culinary squib-like riff from P.J. O'Rourke:

    The only really good vegetable is Tabasco sauce.
    Put Tabasco sauce in everything.
    Tabasco sauce is to bachelor cooking what forgiveness is to sin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot sauce will make you healthy, wealthy (no need for gourmet rip-offs) and wiser than you were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye--and entertaining too. Me late brother-in-law James W. Wilson, would loudly guffaw in memory of my accidental ingestion of something horridly hot at a Mexican restaurant in Des Moines, one summer eve, when tears burst from me eyes and smoke blasted from both me ears. It was a near death experience. I don't recall what it was I ate but I do know, without a doubt, that whatever I shot from me mouth that night immolated all the wine glasses that hung upside-down behind the bar and caught the stacks of napkins there on fire. Yes, hot sauce will make you WISER than you were. "Whoa, what's that stuff you got?" No, I'll pass .... gracias.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment