Skip to main content

Fill In for Wannaskan Almanac for Nov.10


Fill In!


David’s back to write again! Since my mom is in Kauai, Hawaii, she asked me (told me) to fill in for her Wannaskaan Almanac for November 10th, and hello! I don’t know what she does, so I’ll try my best. I have been writing this throughout the week, so some stuff happened in the past and some in the very recent past. And, I think that this huge fill in will count for all those weeks I’ve missed. Sorry about that; Well, let’s get started here!

Greetings and welcome to the Wannaskan Almanac for November 10th!


The Cross-Country season is over. As I write this on October 28, I am still sad, but proud of this year’s season. The reason why, is because today was the potluck and awards night, thus ending this year’s Cross-Country season. The Cross-Country season was fun. I never really thought of running as fun. But, I thought the same as just about every other person that wasn’t in Cross-Country.  I thought that same thought up until my first practice. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I still need to tell you how I got into Cross-Country. It all started out in 6th grade. One of my friends said he was going to run with the Cross-Country runners. He asked me if I wanted to go with him, so we’d both be in Cross Country together. Of course, I didn’t want to work, so I said no I’m not going to be in Cross Country. So as the months went on, I still had no intention on being in Cross Country, until the moment of truth Well, I’ll tell you. In May, my teacher was talking about joining Cross Country. I wasn’t really interested until she started calling names of people who would be good. Then she said my name. I was shocked, so she said I can think about it. At the end of the day, she asked me again, and everybody was waiting for me, so I said yes, I will be in Cross Country. And you guys know what happened after, I ran over the summer, went to Lake Trails, ran some more over the summer, and then I went to Cross Country Camp, and into a bunch of meets, and so on. So, Cross Country really changed how I thought about that sport and I also learned something: It isn’t the running in Cross Country that makes the sport fun. It’s the people and the relationships you make during the bus rides, practices and meets. So please keep that in mind about Cross Country.

Games!!!!

Yes, yes, yes. The last time I wrote about games it was only on my mom’s phone. But today, I'm going to tell you games that are on my computer. I have divided the games into three sections: the new games, the old games, and the other games. New games include: Minecraft for Windows 10, Minecraft Story mode, and Farming simulator 14. Old games include: Candy Crush Soda Saga, and Bloons TD Battles. Other games include: Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Minesweeper and Bubble Witch 3 Saga. All but one of these apps (Bubble Witch 3 Saga) include in-app purchases. I encourage you guys to play these games since they are both fun and addicting.

Family Updates

In this Section I will talk about family updates.

Mom: In Kauai, Hawaii. She's there for a writing conference.

Dad: Monitoring the family since my mom is gone.

Older Sister: Homework, Honor Band.

Older Brother: On his phone, Homework, Honor Band.

Me: Homework, Computer.

Little Sister, Homework, Playing.

Little Brother: Playing, School.


 Recently at my school, they have been giving away books. Now, not many of you readers/writers know that I love books. So I took my chances! On Friday, October 26, I went to a Cross-Country meet, so I only grabbed eight, but I promised myself that on Monday, I would grab thirty books. I succeeded. It was a much more pleasant experience than going dumpster diving for books. Some of the books I'm looking forward to reading are: Dan Patch Story, The Two Towers, and Pickwick Papers.

So that's it! I did a whole blog post fill in! Please give me feedback for this post since I would like you guys to tell me how I did. Well, that's it for today, and readers, HAPPY READING!!!!!!!!!!!(goes for the same for writers too)

David H.

Comments

  1. Your teacher predicted you'd be good at Cross country and I can predict you'll be good at writing for two reasons: 1. You already are a good writer. 2. You love books.
    Anyone who'll dive into a dumpster for books already has the beginnings of a good story. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent first solo, David! I ran cross country, and you are so right about the reason that it is an excellent sport. There are other reasons that only become apparent when you've reached certain practice milestones, e.g., 100 miles, 500 miles, 1000 miles - just like getting older.

    Writing idea for future posts: a book review for one of your new books. I'd love to know your impression of the Pickwick Papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David. You've done a great job filling in for your mom. Maybe she could let you do this more often. CatherineS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry buddy. I'm the guy that encouraged your mom to check out the Wannaska dumpster for those Tarzan books. I saw them there, and if I wasn't unhappy about the piles of books already in our house, I would have grabbed them myself. I was the first person there after the person who dumped them, I think. Still it made me think, who dunnit? What kid or parent was out dumping perfectly good books in the recycling dumpster that day? And Tarzan stories too??? I read every Tarzan comic book I could buy when I was a kid. I loved the story lines, Burroughs was great!

    Yet, I could've been spinning a line of crap too. I'm sort of known for that. Well, it's not exactly a truthful thing to do, but much more fun. I could've written that I saw a sleeve of what appeared to be raw Venetia African diamonds from a now-defunct jewelers store in Red Lake Falls, but had dismissed their existence as maybe just pieces of broken windshield glass...

    Knowing your mother (Not really, I've never met her in person. For all I know, she may be a figment of my imagination.) she might've taken the bait and rushed you, with your ankles bound with duct tape and a long rope capable of sustaining your weight, to the Wannaska dumpster to look for those fake diamonds I wrote about, only to discover a miles-long waiting line of other dumpster divers--and their moms--waiting their turn. You can't always believe what you read if you know what I'm saying. You were lucky I was on a truthful bent that day.

    Good writing, by the way. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment