Skip to main content

A Cornucopia of Sunday Squibs




 Buddhism says good and evil are two sides of the same coin. Reason to say, "Keep the change."

Pantheism, seeing the universe as God, errs in focusing on too slender a fraction of the whole shebang.

When they were giving out gravitas, I thought they said gravy, and caught the wrong boat.

My backwoods town in Minnesota and Paris France are at the exact same latitude. But those 90 degrees of longitude...well, Vive la difference!

People my age hope for ten more years of good health. I just hope to get another 100,000 miles out of my car.

A doctor who claims not to understand the insurance system is like a lawyer saying he doesn't get the whole court thing.

The POW/MIA flag is like the Confederate one, an undying memento of a lost cause.

My stress level has dropped since I started viewing personal attacks as friendly fire.

We complain of the shortening days and early darkness. We should be delighted the clockwork is running as advertised.

Heaven will be never-ending manic phase. The other place will be the other way.

The point of nirvana is to end rebirth. Then you find out you have to come back to help everyone else achieve it. I mean, what's in it for me?

People complain about having trouble regulating the heat on an electric stove. Simply set the burners at four different levels and move the pan as needed. And quit complaining.

Why was the thief able to steal the Blarney Stone? He had the gift of grab.


Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for my readers.

                                                                            @jmcdonnell123




Comments

  1. Quantity and quality; a prodigious Sunday!

    Many call to mind something Niels Bohr once said:
    "Never express yourself more clearly than you think."

    Or, was it the other way around...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice going. Your Squibs column has a nice attention grabbing element to it, so much so that when I used the "Search this blog, Search this blog, Search" in the upper right hand side to search for the hundreds of wunnerful squibs I'm sure I've missed these past three weeks, it came back: "Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist." Uffda. I'm sorry too because I was going to leave dozens of positive comments pertaining to your mastery of mind and matter, but, alas, it's not to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for trying. I'll send you a box of squibs for Christmas.

      Delete
    2. LOL! I'm giving a thumbs up to both WannaskaWriter and to you, Chairman Joe for your clever responses. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, ye squibble master. You have outdone yourself; however, don't hold yourself up to your own performance. That would be both inspiring and tiring. Your first squib today is a koan in the truest Buddhist tradition. A great way to enter the stream of squibs. Also enjoyed the Vietnam reference to "friendly fire," and the almost allusion to Clockwork Orange. All hail the mighty Squinn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment