Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs



These bodies of ours...temporary huts, no more, no less.

It feels good telling my story. Do I feel bad boring my listener? No, no, again I say no.

I was taught to have sympathy for my fellow man. But it’s hard when my fellow man keeps doing stupid stuff.

Longevity gets you no respect. Look at the house fly. Fifty million years and we still squash him like he was born yesterday.

If there’s any magic in this benighted world, it will be found in the kitchen first.

Inhabiting the air of better antique shops are the spirits of those who used to own the stuff.

My past sins are as water under the bridge. It’s the current plank in the eye that’s spoiling my view.

Get good at expressing condolences. It’s a skill you’ll need till condolences are offered for you.

I don’t wish to be a mansplainer, but if a damsel asks me where all the unicorns have gone, I’ll attempt to elucidate that point.

We tell the dead to rest in peace as if they had another choice.

Three beers and I’m a lout. A beer, a wine and a whiskey, and I’m a sophisticate.

Who’s happier, the optimistic pessimist or the pessimistic optimist? I plan to be happy, but expect it’s overrated.

      @jmcdonnell123

Comments

  1. Hard to pick a favorite this week. But considering I'm getting ready for Mass, I will go with sins like water under the bridge and the plank obstucting my view. Love your squibs, Joe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment