Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs


A squib should make you think, but not too hard.


May your strengths come standard and your faults all be optional.

Jesus was executed on the same day as his trial. Christianity has since lengthened our stay on death row.

I'm the ruler of my own Middle Earth: the center of a universe with no fixed address.

Freedom is scary and the catchers are always looking to bring us back.

The novelist scoops with a net. The poet waits with a hook.

I knew a man who solved the daily puzzle to keep his mind sharp.
Nevertheless he ended in the home without a clue.

Like any library, the bible has some books that are hot while others gather dust.

Begin the evening's revelry with a thought to the morning's devilry.

God is accused of indifference. Yet we wouldn't want Santa hanging around after he does his job.

I build a galleon in my mind and crack a bottle across its bow, only to discover I still need a channel to the sea.

I am a fellow of two minds
One runs clockwise
As the other unwinds.
If one takes off
For a little spin
The other one wonders
Where ya bin?

                        @jmcdonnell123


Comments

  1. I think we should feature Squib #5 on the Wannaskan Almanac Home page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poet waits with a hook. An auspicious squib for me! I've decided that a week from tomorrow my posts (for some undetermined time) will be poetic. To heck with these long, serious essays. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The poet waits with a hook." An auspicious squib for me! I've decided that a week from tomorrow my posts (for some undetermined time) will be poetic. To heck with these long, serious essays. Stay tuned for Poetry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment