Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs



I don't care if everyone hates my team as long as my team keeps winning. For once my team stops winning, no one will hate them anymore , or even care.

The old have wisdom; the young have time.

Alcohol is the key to the evening's amusement park and the lock on the morning's cleanup crew.

The old ascend to the pyramid's peak. The view is great. But not for the acrophobic

The Internet's smarter than I ever will be. It's made me dumber than I used to be

Slavery and taxes were America's first shackles. She rid herself of the first and dreams of striking off the other.

Instead of lapping up the daily news, I should subsist on classics like "The Decline and Fall."

Technique is easy and easily perfected. Finding a mentor to impart it is the hard part

Loneliness is a danger for the elderly. Get ye to a Senior Center, where the greatest risk is boring thy neighbor.

Snow White didn't eat an apple. Her poison was a well chilled bottle of champagne.

We cannot copy the brilliance of genius, but its  sparks can set off our own fuse.

I should tidy up this mess within, but keeping up the facade takes everything I've got.

If a mirror can be said to be skillful, then a great translation takes as much skill as the original.

Comments

  1. Brilliant! The travel must be good for squibbing.
    I think squibs might be contagious. I found these two proto-squibs in Wannaskan Mom's post yesterday:
    Art is never wrong.
    Expectations don't burn calories.

    Squib structure appears to be based on paired observations, where Wannaskan Mom's full squibs might read:
    Art is never wrong, but the art critic almost never gets it right.
    Expectation don't burn calories, people do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, enjoy your squibs, Chairman! And how nice of Woe to shape a couple using my content. Perhaps I will give it a go in my personal notebook?

      Better to appear publicly wise, practice makes perfect is only appreciated by its perfection.

      Delete
  2. I just found some squibs by Washington Irving:

    They who drink beer will think beer.

    I am always at a loss to know how much to believe of my own stories.

    There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse!

    Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above it.

    The almighty dollar, that great object of universal devotion throughout our land.

    A tart temper never mellows with age, and a sharp tongue is the only edged tool that grows keener with constant use.

    Whenever a man's friends begin to compliment him about looking young, he may be sure that they think he is growing old.

    I endeavor to take things as they come with cheerfulness, and when I cannot get a dinner to suit my taste, I endeavor to get a taste to suit my dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment