Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, September 31, 2024 Notctober!

I refuse to believe that it already October

So today I celebrate September thirty one

October is a cold month up in Wannaska

While September can bring a bit more Sun


In October the leaves fall all too abundantly

And put on sweaters and jackets and caps

And plan for Oktoberfest celebrations

With flat German beer flowing out of their taps


In September I might just be able to wear

A T-shirt and shorts on a sunny day

And take a quick dip in the Roseau River

When I go out to play


Aye, I turn my eye from the month of October

And cling to September for maybe a week

Till the temps and the pumpkins bring me back to reality

Like a post-September wind whipping hard on my cheek




Comments

  1. Thank you King Coco for keeping the sun from going south, at least for a day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment