Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, August 15, 2023 Boat Ramp Decision

As I was pulling my boat in after a fruitless day of fishing I ran into one of those important decisions.  I had just jumped up on the dock and tied up my boat.  In the spot next to me a young lady was sitting on a jet ski...or are they called personal watercrafts...anyway she was sitting on one while a lady (who appeared to be her mother) was backing the trailer in.  I have to say she did quite an admirable job backing in and getting the trailer in just the right spot.  I usually have to back up twice to get in straight.  She stepped out of her shiny, huge SUV and started directing her daughter on how to get on the trailer correctly.

That is when I faced my dilemma...my big decision...my moral choice.  The vehicle started backing up into the water while the lady looked on in horror.  I only had a split second to make my decision.  Should I get out my camera and film this or try and help the petrified lady?  Time froze as I imagined myself racking up views on social media.  I knew what I had to do.  I reached into my pocket and fumbled for my phone.  

By the time I got it out and ready to shoot the lady had jumped back in the SUV and stopped it from going too deep into the water.  She pulled ahead and, as she exited again, muttered something about not putting on the parking brake.  

It was over so quickly.  I had no video, not story of vehicle saving heroism...nothing.  Oh well, life goes on.  Here are some boat launch fails for you to enjoy.  I will see you all next week!





Comments

  1. Thanks so much for this, Coco buddy! I ain't buying that white pickup I was looking at buyin' ! You saved me a ton of money! Boo-yah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim also has a good story about he and his son-in-law launching a good-sized sailboat onto the streets of Washington DC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim says: We all have our nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You da dude, Coco. I think of those huge SUVs as land-yahts so it would have been cool to see if that bad boy would actually float! Oh well, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment