Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, February 22, 2022...Save the Date!

 Yes, it is 2-22-22.  What a wonderful date.  It looks like swans swimming in single file.  If you were born on 1-11-11 (as in the year 1011) then you would be 1011 years old now.  If that is you, make sure you join our birthday club.  The information will be sent out on 3-33-33.  Hmm...something seems fishy about that date.  I guess that I will have to come up with new material before 1011 more years pass!

So what are the most elegant, aesthetically appealing dates in history?  A quick google search turned up all kinds of dates, but they were not what I was thinking.  For example:

I am not sure what date these represent

I am old enough to remember a time before google misinterpreted my every question.  We had to do something called thinking...or thinkin' as it is called among us old folks.  So here goes, I am going to come up with my own list of interesting looking dates.

January 23, 4567.   That is an easy one.  1-23-4567.  It is a ways off so you might want to put a reminder on your phone.

January 23, 45 AD.  That is another easy one.  1-23-45.  It must have been a simpler time back then.  They were years away from having to worry about the Y 0.1K bug.  Nothing but easy times.  

I also like February 1, 2021.  2-1-21.  I don't know why, but it looks like sailing boats to me.  That reminds me of sailing with a Wannaskan sailor during happier times.  

More useless help from google

March 4, 1956.  3-4-56.  That is another cool date.  It was also the date that Kermit Driscoll was born.  I don't know who that is, so I will google it.  

Thanks again google!

Apparently Kermit Driscoll was a jazz bassist.  Which explains why nobody has heard of him.  This not a slam on jazz.  Bassists are always ridiculed.  It is just the way it is.  


April 8, 1632 is a pleasing date too.  4-8-1632.  It doubles as you go from left to right.  Sort of like how inflation doubles as you go from right to left.  

What dates are interesting to you?  Leave your comments below.

Comments

  1. I’m big on numerology. 5 is my favorite number because it’s the sum of 3+2.
    And the number 32 is the sum of 3+2+6+1+9+4+7.
    Which is March 26, 1947. My birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, the date is an ambigram: /ˈam-bə-ˌgram/ n., something (such as an image of a written word or phrase) that is intended or able to be oriented in either of two ways for viewing or reading, like a palindrome but upside-down, too, too.

    22022022

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment