Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for November 30, 2021 Fishin' for Feelings

OMG...I can't believe what just happened to me!

Could really use a friend right now.

This was the worst day ever.

These are all statements that I have pulled from my social media accounts.  They were written by people who I know, or at least sort of know, and they are all examples of vague-booking.  For those who may not be familiar with the term, vague-booking is the act of posting a status update on social media about a specific thing or person but providing little to no details as to what the thing or who the person might be.  In short...it is some drama queen or king looking for a reaction.  

I wish I could tell you why I posted this picture...maybe if you beg

Some people think vaguebooking is a perfectly fine way to get people to communicate with you.  Other's consider it a social media faux pas.  Still other's don't want to acknowledge that it exists.  Me, I like to use social media as a way to post jokes.  Most of the time I include the punch lines, otherwise I could be vaguebooking myself.

Two muffins are sitting in the oven.
One says, “Wow, it’s hot in here.” The other one says, “Sure is. Probably about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.” 

That is a joke with no punchline.  You expected something different, didn't you.  Maybe the best joke is to respond incorrectly to a vaguebook post.  For example:

Friend:  I just saw the worst thing ever.
Soon to be ex-friend:  Quit looking at the mirror.

Friend:  So down right now.
Soon to be ex-friend:  Just push the up button on the elevator.

Friend:  Hope I survive this.
Soon to be ex-friend:  You are the only one hoping that!

So, vaguebook if you must.  Leave those cryptic messages for your friends to comment on.  Your impending doom deserves a deeper dive.  I will leave you with the three best vaguebooking memes I could find.




I would do more...but I am really going through a tough time right now.  Comment below!  ;)

Comments

  1. When the going gets tough, the tough search the Internet for the punchline to the muffin joke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment