Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs




We fight in war and in court over land and money, but we can agree on the date and what hour it is, for Time has us all by the throat.

History is overwhelming. There's so much to know. I confine myself to the little area I can most easily fudge: the story of me.

We keep asking for a sign. But there's no need to ask for what's already been given.

A great film can be made from a bad book, but beside a great book, even the best film is as a tinkling cymbal.

Comments

  1. Your attention please to Sunday Squib No. 2. "I confine myself to the little area I can most easily fudge: the story of me." That's so much BS. That's like saying, "I can take this here pin and prick this here greatly inflated balloon and let the air out of it, just a little at a time..." If anyone should ask this person anything about history, pray thee have packed a lunch and ample beverage, and should they the means, a portable kybo would not be out of order, nor a plank to sleep upon and a rolled newspaper to cushion their head. Prescription medicines should be administered when necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Oscar Wilde said, "The telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art."

      Delete
  2. Direct from Word-Wednesday: solipsism - the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist, hence from which all history might be interpreted.

    Prescription medications for whom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go for continuing Squibs dosed with appropriate medicinal offerings. JPS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment