Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs




There's a bull in the china shop. I don't expect him to say he's sorry or show remorse for the mess he's making. I just want him out of the shop or at least hobbled till he leaves on his own.

A son during your wars is worth three daughters. A daughter during your death is worth three sons, who are probably MIA anyway.

Fish and guests both stink after three days. I didn't think this old saying applied to me until I became a host myself.

Plato's cave has entertaining shadows, comfortable seats, and free food. I wouldn't dream of leaving.

                                                                                                              @jmcdonnell123

Comments

  1. Only four squibs? All this working for somebody else is squelching your imagination. I thought you were retired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was retired, but the Lord told me to get into transit, and the Lord drives my bus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's some squib-fill from John Ciardi:

    Patience is the ability to care slowly.

    A man is what he does with his attention.

    The day will happen whether or not you get up.

    Gentility is what is left over from rich ancestors after the money is gone.

    Wisdom is the sad smile with which we recognize our own motives in a fool.

    You don’t have to suffer to be a poet. Adolescence is enough suffering for anyone.

    A university is what a college becomes when the faculty loses interest in students.

    The rareness of excellence should not be made into an excuse for the failure to recognize it.

    Everyone gets to be something by starting as something else—either that or he stays unevolved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment