Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs by Joe McDonnell




Having cachet, being known for doing something well, is a great thing to have.
Then, even when you're having a bad day, people will think this is the way it's supposed to be...that thing you do.

We all "know when to stop." 
Though sometimes that knowledge comes in an arrest warrant.

If life's a roller coaster, then it's a ride whose cars fall off the track,
possibly on the high hill, preferably on the flat.

Jesus said the Kingdom of Heaven is in our stony hearts.
As I sharpen my chisel I hope my heart is more sandstone than granite.

In 1789, 90% of our population were farmers. now it's 1%.
Three million farmers then, thirty million now.

@jmcdonnell123

Comments

  1. We are most deeply asleep at the switch
    when we fancy we control any switches at all.
    Annie Dillard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth reading, as always. As your resident poet, I esp. enjoy how you "slip in" some verse here and there. I am no longer affronted by your "stealing the glory" out of Monday poetry. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment