Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs




Squibs conjoin ideas ChangandEng-like


The old Chinese woman says the earth rests on four elephants, who in turn stand on top of an infinite stack of turtles, all the way down. Scientists scoff, but for all we know the Big Bang may be expanding on the backs of four elephants who stand on...


I've been a voyeur of life at times. Mostly those times when my other options have been matador or bull.

There's no dentist like the self for rooting out one's moral faults.

We collaborate with each work of art we see. Some ignites joy, some spills fear, some goes straight to the black hole of "I don't get it."


Keep having adventures, to keep fit for the looming big one.



Our appeals to God on behalf of others my go unheeded, but it's good practice for thinking about something other than ourselves.

The meek shall inherit the earth, if the meek can convince the not-so-meek to go easy on the old patrimony.

The lack of any of our senses is too bad. No sense of humor, the most crippling.

Nostalgia leads to wanderlust, which satisfied, gives birth again to homesickness. So round and round the traveler goes.

Ants touch antennae when meeting. Humans comment on the weather.

The poor cannot afford the righteousness of the rich.

When I took up history I found I could spend a lifetime stuck in the Stone Age. So I skipped ahead to the Civil War and "Access Hollywood".


@jmcdonnell123

And here's a good one from Aeschylus: The old who are ready to learn are still young.





Comments