Skip to main content

Tuesday, September 4

Labor day has passed, the final long weekend until November for most of us. So while you don't get a day off for them, you might want to celebrate the following today:
Another Look Unlimited Day: A day where you take another look at things that you are getting rid of to see if you can donate them to charity.
National Macadamia Nut Day: You would be crazy not to know what to celebrate on National Macadamia Nut Day, or to put it another way...you would be nuts.
National Wildlife Day: You probably guessed that this day is set aside to bring awareness to the plight of many of the world's animals who are endangered. You might not know that this day was created in honor of the late Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter. Check out some of his adventures here.
Newspaper Carrier Day: The newspaper industry is slowly dying out. Many kids were newspaper carriers as their first job. This has almost completely disappeared. Many people blame the popularity of the Wannanskan Almanac for the decline of printed newspapers. That or the internet...or cable entertainment news.
I have really gotten addicted to taking sunrise pictures and sunset pictures this summer. The other morning I captured this picture of a rising sun through a dead tree. I don't know why it is so interesting to me. The start of a new day enjoyed through the sadness of a decaying tree. The Sun keeps on rising and looking amazing even as everything around it seems to be dying.  I also see that my little chihuahua photo bombed my shot.  I don't mind.  He is my favorite wildlife.

Sunsets are beautiful as well.  The sun slips below the horizon and as it does it puts on a grand show that rivals any painting.  I liked this picture because it shows the sun appearing to blot out the telephone pole in the middle.
I was thinking about sunrises and sunsets and how beautiful they are.  They command my attention with their amazing colors and cause me to pause whatever I might be doing just to watch.  The rest of the day and night I feel like it is my job to create beauty.  This could be from donating to a charity, making a macadamia nut cookie for someone, caring for an animal, or giving a tip to the last of the newspaper carriers.  
If you have a sunrise or sunset photo you would like to share you can send it to me at ffefreekshow@hotmail.com and I promise to pause while looking at it.  If you are making the world more beautiful I commend you.  Small acts of kindness and selflessness change the world.  

Comments