Skip to main content

Squibs




The quality of old age depends on how many body parts check out between the first thing to go and the last.

I pick through the rubble of philosophy and 
cobble together the religion of me.

Facebook can be informative and entertaining; about at the level of Interstate billboards. 

I used to say there’s nothing worse than an old fool. Now that I’m old I see that it’s the young fools that are causing all the trouble. 

Drinking with others does not make it less of a solitary pleasure. 

I’m not in favor of Zoom and it’s ilk. It’s made it hard to doze off during long phone conversations. 

No one surfs the web anymore. We’ve all found what we like and imbibe it exclusively in our favorite tiki bar. 

Don’t sing your own praises. Let the band play your anthem as you stand on the medal podium. 

The Golden Rule is usually a good guide. But sometimes I don’t want my eggs done unto me the way you like your eggs done unto you. 

If there is a Purgatory, I’ll be sent back to earth to perform those tiresome good deeds I blew off the first time around. 


Chairman Joe 

Comments

  1. Old age and eggas and Zoom - on my! Really like the FB squib. I thought I was the only one who scorned the idea that it is actual communication. As far as the billboard analogy, FB does remind me of the old red-and-white Burma Shave ads along the road margins. Remember those? A quippy series of signs with a joke spread among them, and then the letdown of the last sign which always hawked "Burma Shave." Add to these the ever-mounting number of boards going into Wisconsin Dells and you've got the road version of FB - useless info coming at us so fast that our eyes glaze over.

    Idea for Zoom: go audio only - say your computer doesn't support video. I actually know one person who does this successfully - snooze included.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment