Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac For New Year's Eve 2019



Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne*?

For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint-stoup!
and surely I'll be mine!
And we'll tak' a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

We twa hae run about the braes,
and pou'd the gowans fine;
But we've wander'd mony a weary fit,
sin' auld lang syne.

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn,
frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
sin' auld lang syne.

And there's a hand,
my trusty fiere!
and gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak' a right gude-willie waught,
for auld lang syne.

This week I researched the funniest joke of 2019.  I have narrowed it down to these three.  Which one do you like best?  

A.  One shop owner asks another, “So, have you had any reactions yet to your ad that you’re looking for a night guard?"  The other replies..."Yeah, I got robbed last night."

B.  Two elderly ladies, Mabel and Evie, meet at a café for a nice cup of coffee and a cake.

After a while, Mabel peers closely at Evie and says, “Evie, it looks like you have a suppository in your ear!”
 “What?”
 “It looks like you have a suppository in your ear, Evie!” says Mabel a bit louder.

 “Oh,” checks Evie, “you’re right! Drat, well, at least I know where my hearing aid is now.”

C.  I ran into a bald guy at the convenience store.  He was shopping for energy drinks.  I looked at him and then said, "You got it wrong dude...Red Bull gives you Wings!"

New Year's Eve is a great time to think back over the people who left us over the past year.  So raise a glass to those who have passed, and drink in their memory one more time.  We can miss them and cherish them forever in our hearts!


Comments

  1. "Wings?" "Red Bull gives you Wings?" Now that's a joke you have to explain ... Is the guy referencing "Wigs" instead? The bald guy goes to a convenience store for an energy drink that gives him 'wigs?' Now that's an energy drink I haven't heard of way up here yet: "Hey buddy, check this drink out, "'Wanna whoo tonight? Wig out with Red Bull!'" Don't get that one. I agree with Wednesday, "B" is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment