Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs




Certain religions call on us to subdue the enemy within. Which is tough since both my enemy and my ally wear the same uniform.

Gradual loss of hearing should lead to increased intimate tête-à-têtes and less concern for the murmurings from adjoining rooms.

The world's population has grown into an inverted pyramid. It's tragic, but not surprising when large chunks break off and are lost.

Pinching my rolls of fat triggers sweet memories of cakes and puddings past. But my stomach calls for more with never a thank you.

The travelers knows that speed times time equals miles travelled. For the armchair traveler, as time approaches infinity, mileage remains stuck at zero.

Chairman Joe

Comments

  1. "Pinching my rolls of fat ..." I resemble that remark, are you writing about me? For you, and another person quite close to you whom I won't name, are the skinniest persons I, and for that matter all the other people you know, in the world, know because of soul-consuming dedication to nutrition: no fat/no lean/no sweets/no sugar/no alcohol; and an exercise regimen straight out of the Navy Seals Guidebook including fingertip/toe-tip push-ups and 25-mile runs morning, noon, and night with ankle and waist weights--no matter what the weather. There aren't no leaner people on the face of the planet--or in space.

    If you're pinchin' 'fat', then you're confusing it with wrinkles in your clothes, you're that skinny, the two of you. When you guys (I'm being facetious here) turn sideways (Wait a minute, is there a 'sideways' to you?) turn sideways, you disappear. I'm forever sayin'. "Chairman Joe? Where are you? Text me!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment