Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs




I value our friends whose homes have that lived in look. When they come here for a visit there’s no need to go nuts cleaning.

The man who says he has no regrets is blind to his share of the harm all of us have done.

The candidates say they’ll do this and that as president, but they’ll do nothing without majorities in the House and Senate. And it’s still not over till the Supremes sing.

We’re told to downsize now so our kids won’t have to deal with our stuff. We’ll get right on that as soon as they take the stuff they left when they moved out, God love ‘em.

No smoking apartments brought forth this quatrain: dog, walker, cigarette, and smart phone. Even in the rain.

The old feel bad about their hearing aids and such. But Galileo did not regret his telescope, nor Bo Diddley his amp.

@jmcdonnell123


Comments

  1. You completely alter the idea that old people = old feeble brains, the difference being, whereas some old people do have old feeble brains, your old brain isn't feeble and you have the impetus to tell the world about it, in these bits and pieces of brain farting called Sunday Squibs, for which many of us readers are thankful; It'd be quite another thing if you couldn't spell or string a proper sentence together, just blathering on about random thoughts that had no beginning or end, as a feeble old person may do, of which you are not one. Fortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free-verse poem, one line per squib:

    Discushun Before the Visit

    Where are you dragging me off to toniht?/Wannasska.
    Wish you'd have told me./It's on our calandar.
    Who made you presedent?/You did, when you sang, "I do."
    Will they're kids be there?/Grandkids, too.
    And dogs? Don't want to rain any happy on your parade.
    It's below me./Balony! Bring your Guinness and forget your hearing aid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hesitate to comment after WW and WC whose offerings far exceed what I can come up with right now. So, I'll just zero in on the "lived in look." I just finished a thorough cleaning of the cabin, and then read your squib about same. Unfortunately, between two dogs an a construction-oriented husband, it takes about ten minutes to return to that "lived in look."

    Also, I have no children, so I guess I'm on my own regarding getting rid of my own hoarded childhood junk. JP Savage

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment