Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for June 18, 2019

It is graduation season.  Wedding season.  Outdoor enjoyment season.
I was at a graduation the other day and every time someone walked up on stage there were people in the audience who screamed and yelled and, well, brought attention to themselves.  I am kind of old...somewhere in the 50's...and I don't remember it being like that when I was young.  People used to clap politely when it was time to clap.  There was the occasional person who received a shout when they went across the stage, but those were few and far between.  Now it seems like everyone is whooping and hollering for everyone.  I guess I prefer the polite way.  Seems more respectable and honoring to me. 
Off the soapbox. 
Today in history:
1812:  The War of 1812 began as the United States declares war on Britain.  Rumor has it that if war had begun the previous year it would be known as the War of 1811. 
1928:  Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic.  She exited her plane in Burry Port, Wales and spoke those famous words "Boy are my arms tired!"
2020:  Ruins of Amelia Earhart's plane found on Steve Reynold's land due to receding glacier.
I did a search for famous soldiers, teachers, homemakers, and fathers born on this day.  The internet was acting kind of weird because all that showed up was celebrities born on this day.  I am sure that google will rectify this in the near future!
Funny quotes with comments:
This is how good marriages keep from sharing their partner's secrets.  It also can lead to marriage counseling.   At least nobody else will find out about it.
I only use a couple of skills that I learned in school.  I learned how to get other people to do my work.  I learned how to pretend to be working while I am really messing around.  I learned to blame others for anything serious and quickly take the blame if it isn't a big deal.
Those who know me know that I never sleep past 6 AM.  Every morning is just a "morning" to me. 
But...I hope you are having a good morning.  And a good afternoon.  And a good evening. 
See you all next week...Mr. Hot Coco


Comments