Skip to main content

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Today is the 233rd day of 2018. When I realized that I checked my calendar and, sure enough, I am supposed to start a diet and exercise program on the 233rd day. Why did I set that up! Thankfully I checked and realized that I am supposed to start that on the 233rd day of 2028. I will just set an alarm and return to my sundae.
I like going to fairs. This link takes you to some prose about a county fair. I have attended different county fairs but have yet to make it to a state fair. I hear they can deep fry almost anything at a state fair. My cardiologist told me that this simply isn't true but I intend to check it out for myself someday. You can also get any kind of food...from a hot beef sundae
to some heart stopping chicken fried bacon!

The Roseau County Fair is long gone by this time. I kind of like the idea of fairs being in late August or early September, but I am sure that there are reasons why the Roseau County Fair is held when it is. I found a list of items going on today on a website and took a screenshot because I found it quite entertaining. Here it is below.
I didn't include the website address because I don't want to embarrass them, but the site clearly shows that many, many county fairs are happening in Scranton, Pennsylvania this year. Not only that, but Scranton will be hosting the Washington State Kite Festival. I think that the Wannaska town council should see how Scranton won the rights to host all these events and come up with a plan of their own. There is nothing like tourist dollars to boost your local economy!
The Roseau County Fair will return July 21-26 in 2019. If you can't wait you can check out this video of the truck demolition derby from 2016.
I guess it wouldn't be fair of me to continue. That was a fair amount of fair discussion. I have a taxi waiting for me, and the fare will be fairly unfair, so fare thee well!
If you wish to email me about your fair experiences, I would gladly look them over. The email address if ffefreekshow@hotmail.com. I do a fair job of evaluating each submission.
PS: I will return next week with an unusual word of the day...this time starting with Y. I just didn't want to do a word of the day today. My writing contract with the Wannaskan Almanac allows me to skip out of anything I don't want to do on the 233rd day of the year.

Comments