Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs







Squibs head for the high moral ground, feet caked in mud.

Dogs express anger by barking, humans by snarking.

Don't think I'd want magic powers. I'd start slow: quicker kettle boils, fix ISIS, but would soon have the DNA itself in a tangle.

Is he who hesitates lost? At times, but far less often than he who leaps before he looks.

Romance is sex with its clothes on.

Getting hurt is part of life. I'm fine with that as long as pain is not involved.

"Let go and let God." There's a ticket for a wild ride for anyone who chooses to get it punched.

When I indulge in smug self-satisfaction, I'm as useful to the world as a frog hibernating in the mud.

I was barely young enough to catch the Internet wave. The latest advance is passing me by as we speak.

I must acknowledge I am stupid before I can be wise. My concern is how much stupidity my peer group will tolerate.

I hate wallowing in troubles, but once on high ground again, I label them "Good old days."

I whisper a prayer for those I'm annoying. It does me good, and I know they'll get over it.

@jmcdonnell123





Comments

  1. Writing is an amazing art form. Seven common little words combined in a different order for the first time in 2018 to state a basic fact of life: Romance is sex with clothes on.
    We really do need to start a WA Hall of Fame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to borrow that last squib. As usual, nice work, Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Getting hurt is part of life. I'm fine with that as long as pain is not involved." Oh, would that it were! My favorite this week is the frog in the mud. Reminds me of the old Asian saw - "tortoises all the way down." Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment