Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs





The squib relies upon the help of friends to haul the bursting nets into the boat.


The healthy revel in their undying fame. While the invalid nurses his guttering flame.

If bad men must come, it is better they come when times are good.

The price we pay for being born normal is to care for the abnormal, without a lot of back talk.

When I discovered orange juice had almost as much sugar as Coke, I started enjoying Coke again.

Why have no advanced civilizations visited earth? Have their advances led to self-destruction? Or has wisdom turned them into homebodies?

I look down from my retirement condo on the toiling masses with gratitude...and pity.

People want guns to protect themselves against an awful government. But it didn't work.

One-sided coins have no value. So too, our thoughts.

Our nation provides her poor with shelters for the night and libraries for the day.

My meditation was a one-man chat room, so I went back to scratch, and now I'm up to one moment in the present moment.

European governments are always calling snap elections. Well, Andiamo! Let's snap to it!

I don't know about the rest of the universe, but, after 13 billion years, my leading edge is growing a bit dull.

Your latest mainstream slang? The ghetto's been using it for thirty years, and now can't use it any more.





Comments

Post a Comment